Pages

Wanna Hear a Secret?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's the last day of April & that means it's National Honesty Day!

This holiday is celebrated on the last day of April since April Fools Day falls on the first & encourages national truth & honesty. What a great virtue to live by & a fantastic way to encourage us to be honest today & every day.

In honor of the holiday, we've decided to disclose a couple of truths about us. Can you guess who made each confession?

Confession One:

I own over 100 pairs of shoes. {And my collection continues to grow. yikes!} I haven't decided if that is a good or bad thing {my husband will argue bad because he is forced to put his shoes in a separate closet} but what I do know is my fetish began at a rather young age.

In fact, when I was a little girl, I went shopping with our Mimi & picked out a pair of shoes & a purse I just had to have. In true Grandmother fashion, she bought me the shoes & purse, making me the happiest girl alive.

Not too long after, I went to spend some time with our Nana & she asked me what I wanted to do. Without hesitation, I exclaimed I wanted to go shopping & returned home with a new pair of shoes & another purse. When Mimi came to pick me up, Nana told me to show her the purchases we had made earlier that day only for Mimi to inform Nana I had her buy me the EXACT same pair of shoes & purse earlier. I think they shared a good laugh. {And since we're making it a point to be honest today, I'll just say I may or may not still do this... you never know when you'll wear out your favorite pair of shoes & if they'll be available for purchase at that time... am I right?}



Confession Two:

Are you ready for this? I'm deathly afraid of BEES! I know, I know what you're thinking right now. Really? Afraid of bees & your whole business is the face of a bee? I never said I didn't like the look of a bee. Actually I think the silhouette is quite possibly the best logo ever, but if there's ever a real bee near me, you'll catch  me running in circles with my eyes shut & my ears covered!
 
I think a few Friendors have caught on to this secret lately while working with us. I just can't help but squirm & squeal.
 
On Easter, a bee landed on my leg. I literally froze & screamed for my Dad to get it off. Of course, my Dad came and saved the day!
 
On National Honesty Day, I'll admit that I am a {bee} that's afraid of bees. :)
 
{An oldie but definitely a favorite. Our bee in training.}

2 comments:

  1. I share your dislike for bees (with the exception of you two, of course)! And now I totally understand why Jenna likes to steal shoes from Shannon! I would too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Marci! Were the confessions that obvious?

      Ps. we like you too! ;)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground