Pages

Buck or Doe?

Friday, April 4, 2014

{From the desk of: Jenna}
Ever since I can remember, it's always been The Fizer Sisters & The Heiblum Sisters. They are twin sisters we met in high school & we've been best friends with them since day one. Heather & Vanessa are identical twins with two separate personalities but both sweet as can be. Heather is the more reserved, quiet one while Vanessa is the outspoken, outgoing one. And when the four of us are together, our time is always filled with great laughs & stories to tell later.

I created this announcement for Vanessa last fall. We were so overjoyed with the news of her & Adam's sweet baby to come! Vanessa had been wanting a baby for as long as I can remember. She & Adam are always stealing my baby. Always.



Soon after I had taken the photo above, Shannon and I received a text message that included two pictures labeled: {Baby A & Baby B}.

I immediately called Heather to see if this was some joke or the real thing. She confirmed that yes, 


{two peas in a pod were due July 12, 2014}

That's when the planning of the {Buck or Doe?} Gender Reveal party started! Adam is a hunter & loves his deer heads. Honestly, I do too. I don't hunt, but I'm obsessed with a good deer head silhouette. If Maddie Lu was a boy, he'd have deer heads all over his room. Hmm, maybe if I have a third?


Vanessa gave us a guest list, & soon the invites went out! She wanted the party to be small & intimate & all things yellow & green. She's more of a neutral hue kind of girl rather than a pink or blue kind.









(Side note: Tell me why I didn't include the real deer head that was above this table in the photo? Oh well!)

Buck = Green
Doe= Yellow




Cookies & milk.

You have to love Vanessa when she asked how we got the milk green & yellow. Don't be fooled, she's a teacher- & a great one at that!!






We created the foam pins for their guests to guess Buck or Doe. This was probably our most favorite detail of the whole party. Along side of the chalk art.




Majority of the party guessed: GIRLS!


Seriously though, those Antlers. I'm obsessed.



And now for the food table. We decided to keep with the theme & make everything green & yellow. We felt bad after the fact that Vanessa doesn't like cheese. In order to accommodate the yellow in our spread, let me tell you that most of that food was cheese. We owe her one. But hey, at least she got her pigs in a blanket!







And now for the big reveal.......






PINK!!!

Vanessa got so into the silly string!!




We are so excited to welcome Kendall & Taylor into the world! Who would have thought, an identical twin girl would be pregnant with identical twin girls!?!



Congratulations again Adam & Vanessa. Here's to your sleepless nights & having my baby back in MY arms. (KIDDING!) We love you guys & are so excited for these girls to join our family!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! This is Christine from Thick & Thin Designs. I LOVE this gender reveal party idea! Thank you so much for featuring our antler cupcake toppers. I'm so glad that you loved them! Congratulations Adam & Vanessa!

    www.ThickandThinDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground