Pages

Shannon Elizabeth

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A little behind the scenes of:

 Shannon Elizabeth-

 
{From the Desk of: Jenna Marie}




A wife to Bobby, Florida Gator graduate, lover of organization, & her family. Blonde hair, blue eyes, & all the brains in the world. When people get to know us they say I should have been the blonde. I'll take it, & I'll embrace it! That makes me the fun one right? Oh & get this, even with the photographic memory as my beloved Nikon, she's fun too! And that's why she's my best friend.

Shannon has style. Yes I've even taken photos of her outfits before for Pinterest, but she wouldn't let me post them. Every time I see her, & yes sometimes that's every day of the week, I drool over her clothes or hair that day & tell her how much I love it. What can I say, I look up to my big sister. But on the bright side, she lets me shop in her closet! BEST perk to having a sister so close in age.



It wasn't always like that though. Back in high school we'd fight ONLY about clothes. NOTHING ELSE. We would go school clothes shopping before the school year, & yes ONLY before the school year. During those shopping trips Shannon would help pick out my clothes. I'd love everything I got & we'd lay out our clothes for the first week of school. That was about the only time I truly loved my "own closet." (We shared a room & a closet. My side was the left.)

{Side Note: I'm still upset my parents never got me a Gap Sweatshirt like everyone else had. To this day, I've never had that particular style sweater.}

As the years went by Shannon created her rules:

I couldn't borrow anything with a tag on it OR her jeans.

I got brave. I started hiding her clothes, mostly her jeans, in my backpack & would change at school. She'd see me in the halls with a smile on her face, gritting her teeth together, while whispering I'd be in trouble later. OOPS. I survived though, & we've come a long way from then.

Now she OFFERS brand new clothes of hers for me to use, & I don't fit in her jeans.
(I had two children, she didn't. Give me SOME credit. Although, I did fit a skirt the other day! Success!)

Shannon has better organization skills than Martha Stewart. I always start the day with these skills in mind, but then I only reach my own highest potential. Which is a good level for me & my circumstances so I won't dwell too long!

When you walk into her house you'll find neatly lined cups, Tupperware that ALL matches & has the lid, two full closets of her clothes, (Bobby has a small space I believe) & her clothes are coordinated by type & color. She uses only white hangers because she couldn't stand the thought of an odd one out, & then there's her shoes. Shoes upon shoes. Shoes still in boxes, shoes neatly lined by style on shelves, & shoes to make any girl squeal.

I love her organization. I love her shoes. If you know me, you know that I love being organized, I love lists, & I love shoes, BUT I am very artsy & a creator, which means my space is all an organized chaotic mess! When I work on a project I like to have piles every where spread out all over the table. That's how I work best. If I'm designing something in Photoshop, I'll have ten+ windows open. It drives my husband crazy. But that's how I work best. And I only have about 10 pairs of shoes. I'd rather shop for the kids than myself. I'll just borrow Shannon's anyways. Any who, Shan can't stand my mess, but I'm her ying to her yang.

Shannon is very passionate about what she loves; Her family, her friends, her clients (which always ends up becoming like family to us), & her Gators. She'll look out for you & have your back 100% but she's not afraid to speak truth to you. I love that about her.



And to top off all the greatness that is Shannon, she's creative too! The girl can paint. Bet you didn't know that. Yes, she can paint, draw, & think up ideas so fast. She's very artistic & very crafty. When we were children we would watch craft shows on TV like it was the cool thing to do. At least it was to us. It was like Pinterest, only on TV. Every time we'd visit our Grandmother, we'd create a craft & pretend we had our own show. "And today, we will be making, Jewelry Boxes!" HA- we had so much fun as kids & now we are living out a dream by being able to create for our own events! Who knew!

Why Shannon is amazing for The Busy Bee? She's the production behind the busy of The Bee. She has amazing marketing skills & the best people skills you could dream of. She knows the ends & outs of budgeting, taking all the core aspects of an event & putting them together, & how to create the perfect timeline to keep everyone on the same page. She's the business behind the business, & boy am I glad to have her. I've learned so much from her already, & we still have our whole lives of The Busy Bee ahead of us!



Love you Shan, & thank you for being a partner I can not only trust, but a partner I can look up to & learn from as well.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground