Pages

Donuts & Mug Shots

Friday, March 28, 2014

{From the desk of Jenna}
 
 
Vintage Police Graduation Party
 
If we are close, you know that my family is in a huge transition right now. I'm actually pretty excited to embrace this new season we are about to enter. (More on that later...)
 
Last month, Nicholas graduated from the Police Academy at Valencia. This was huge for not only him, but for our whole family! We are military, & we have encountered some HUGE transitions coming from Active Duty to the "real world." If you've been part of the Active world, you know exactly what I mean.
 
So for both of us to just stop all we were doing & go for our dreams, it was a huge step that needed a lot of faith in God & a lot of faith in ourselves.
 
We knew that we needed to celebrate this huge accomplishment! We invited Nick's close friends & family, and based the party on {Vintage Police}.
 
We had a lot going on that week, so we decided to make it simple yet cute. We decorated one main table, had a photo booth for "Mug Shots," and a table for a "Thumb Print Guestbook."
 
 
 
What's a "cop party" without donuts? Actually, what's any party without donuts? I am a donut freak, & I even got a police discount for these beauties! SCORE. I called ahead & explained our theme. Dunkin' & I worked together to create the blue with stars & white with drizzle tasty treats. I even convinced a few guests that I made them myself. SHHH.
 
 

 
 
The banners above the donuts was made from Instagram photos. I uploaded them to Walgreens & whole punched away. Turned out so cute.
 
 
The vintage photographs are actually Nick's grandfather. Can you see how strong the Dail gene is? Hence why my children look like him. That's okay, at least he's cute!
 
 
Next was the thumb print guestbook. Get it? Of course you do! I just printed a photo of Nick with his certificate the night before & placed it inside a huge matte. I plan on framing this one day when we have a home office.
 

 
Last but certainly not least, mug shots. There's a lot of inside jokes that went into this, so if you're wondering what the printables mean, don't ask. This was probably the only part, besides the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Nick had to have, (but didn't eat) that he was excited to take part in.
 
 
{Enjoy}
 
 
 
 
 

 

 




 

This picture is absolutely priceless of our best friends: Chris & Heather. So typical.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. Love your photo booth! Where did you get the backdrop?

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground