Pages

All Fore Love

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{From the Desk of: Shannon Elizabeth}
 

If you're friends with my husband on Facebook, then you probably know he & I went golfing together for the first time ever a few weeks back. And by "golfing together", I mean he played a round of golf while I sat back in the golf cart with a cold mimosa {inside a Gator Tervis, of course} in one hand & my handy-dandy tablet in the other. The sole reason the tablet made the trip was because I needed to complete some work by which I only used it to record inspiration for this post.


It was too beautiful of a day to be spent "working" & I finally got to see my man in all is glory! The days preceding our Sunday outing reminded me of my short trip to Seattle to visit Jenna & Nick a few years back; wet & grey. In other words, this afternoon was a real treat! Something not even Photoshop could perfect.


So, there we were, as husband & wife, for the first time together on the course paired up with three random men. {Yep, 3 total carts. Quite the site.} I sensed he was nervous because he knew I'd be watching & sure enough, all four of them apologized in advance for their lack of golf skills. I laughed a little & assured them I'm not the judging type {at least until they teed off}.


Next thing I know, we are speeding across the course {literally on the fairway of another hole} & though I did everything in my power to hold it in, I just couldn't help but ask out loud if this was "normal". When I looked around, I noticed we weren't the only ones off track & witnessed other carts zipping to the left & rolling to the right & all I could think was "this can't be good for the grass". Apparently you DON'T have to stay on the paved path with the cart. Who knew?


Anyways, as we continued to make our way, I felt inspired as I began to recognize the similarities between Golf & Love. Really when you think about it, it's the perfect comparison. You pile into the cart as if to say "we're on this journey together" & although the paved path is smooth, the course is no secret. There will be obstacles & rough patches along the way but the journey is well worth the challenge.


Oh! & when I asked Bobby & a few of our groomsmen why they thought golf was like love, they didn't miss a beat.

"It is better to have golfed & lost than to have never have golfed at all."
"If you hit a rough patch, beer makes it tolerable."
"Sometimes you love it, sometimes you want to scream & throw your putter over a fence."
"It's not about how long your drive is but how good your short game is."
"Even in your love life, everyone needs a mulligan once in a while."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground